Indian Freedom Struggle Objective Questions And Answers
1. In which session Mahatma Gandhi was elected President of Congress?
Ans: Belgaum session (1924 AD)
2. When and where was the Ghadar Party established?
Ans: November 1913 in San Francisco (USA).
3. The Gadar Party was formed under whose leadership?
Ans: Lala Hardayal.
4. Who became the first president of the Ghadar Party?
Ans: Sohan Singh Bhakkhana
5. When was Mahatma Gandhi conferred with the title of Kaiser-i-Hind?
Ans: In 1915.
6. In which session, the soft party and the hot party of the Congress became united?
Ans: Lucknow session (1916 A.D.)
7. In which session the Muslim League and Congress together established a joint committee?
Ans: Lucknow session
8. Which institution was founded by Bal Gangadhar Tilak for self-government?
Ans: Home Rule League (March 1916 A.D. in Poona)
9. When and where did Anne Besant founded the Homeroom League?
Ans: September 1916 in Madras.
10. Who was the first secretary of the Homerul League established under the leadership of Anne Besant?
Ans: George Arundel
11. Who was called as the recruiting sergeant?
Ans: Mahatma Gandhi. Because during the First World War, Gandhiji encouraged people to join the army.
12. Who established the Sabarmati Ashram?
Ans: Mahatma Gandhi
13. When and where did Mahatma Gandhi establish the Sabarmati Ashram?
Ans: 1916 A.D. in Ahmedabad.
14. Who inspired Gandhi to come to Champaran?
Ans: Rajkumar, the farmer leader of Bihar.
15. Where did Gandhiji first use Satyagraha?
Ans: South Africa
16. Where did Gandhi first use Satyagraha in India?
Ans: Champaran (Bihar)
17. When was the Champaran movement?
Ans: In 1917.
18. Which practice the British had to end due to the Champaran Rebellion?
19. Mahatma Gandhi's first hunger strike was in support of?
Ans: In support of the strike of Ahmedabad mill workers in 1918 A.D.
20. Which movement was launched by Mahatma Gandhi in the Kheda district of Gujarat in 1918 A.D.?
Ans: Tax No Movement
21. When did the Rowlatt Act come into force?
Ans: 19 March 1919 A.D.
22. What was the Rowlatt Act?
Ans: A law under which any suspicious person could be arrested without trial. Against him, there was no appeal, no argument, nor any lawyer.
23. When did Gandhiji start a country-wide strike in protest against the Rowlatt Act?
Ans: 6-April 1919, A.D.
24. When did the Jallianwala Bagh massacre take place?
Ans: 13 April 1919 A.D.
25. Where did the Jallianwala Bagh massacre take place?
26. Who led the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
Ans: General Dyer
27. What was the reason behind the Jallianbala Bagh massacre?
Ans: General Dyer fired indiscriminately on a public meeting to protest the arrest of Dr. Satpal and Saifuddin Kitchlu.
28. How many people died in the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
According to the government report, 379 people and 1000 people were killed, according to the Congress Committee.
29. Which Indian collaborated with General Dyer in the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
30. Who resigned from the Viceroy's Executive Council membership in protest of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
Ans: Sankaran Nair
31. Under whose chairmanship did the British Government set up an eight-member inquiry committee on the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
Ans: Lord Hunter.
32. How many Indians were among the members of the inquiry committee formed by the British Government?
33. Under whose leadership did the Congress set up a commission to investigate the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
Ans: Madan Mohan Malaviya. Motilal Nehru and Gandhiji were among the other members of this commission.
34. Jalianwala Bagh was the property of which person?
Ans: A person named jalJalli.
35. Khilafat movement started against whom?
Ans: Against Allies. Especially against Britain
36. In whose support was the Khilafat movement?
Ans: The Indian Muslims started the movement in support of the Khalifa of 4-Turkey.
37. When was Khilafat Day celebrated throughout the country?
Ans: 19 October 1919 A.D.
38. When did Mahatma Gandhi preside over the joint conference of Hindus and Muslims?
Ans: 23 November 1919 A.D.
39. When did the non-cooperation movement start?
Ans: 1 August 1920 A.D.
40. Which movement did Gandhiji start in response to the Rowlatt Act, Jallianwala Bagh scandal, and Khilafat movement?
Ans: Non-Cooperation Movement